08 February 2008 01:25
Blogger Amy Webb from MyDigiMedia just posted this great post:
In the wake of Microsoft's proposed $44 bil takeover of Yahoo (and all the subsequent chatter), I've updated my Who Owns What chart. Because I think this topic is so important to all journalists, regardless of whether they work in traditional media or even in the United States, I'm going to launch an RSS feed and a widget soon that will roll constant updates on who owns what.
In the six months since I first created the chart, there are a handful of notable updates:
- - AOL's list has grown tremendously, while Google, News Corp and IAC have remained relatively unchanged.
- - AOL is heading strong into behavioral targeting and various ad network options.
- - Yahoo's buy early and large strategy toned down considerably in Q3 and Q4 of 2007.
- - Google's last acquisition was Postini early last fall.
- - Though I'm not tracking this on the chart, News Corp has also been selling lots of assets - namely local television stations.
Download the PDF file here.